Children’s toothbrush is designed for children who are developing. There are many kinds and styles of toothbrushes. Some toothbrushes are designated as suitable for the eruption of deciduous teeth, for the dentition of deciduous teeth, for the mixed dentition of deciduous and permanent teeth, and so on. Others indicate that they are suitable for children aged 3-6, 6-9, and so on. In addition, some toothbrushes are selected according to the condition of children’s oral cavity. If there are fixed orthodontic appliances in the oral cavity, some special ones should be used. Type B toothbrush. For example, a toothbrush in the shape of “V”.
Matters needing attention in selecting children’s toothbrushes
Toothbrushes for children under 6 years of age should be selected. Imported toothbrushes are expensive, and imported children’s toothbrushes are unacceptable to families. Domestic health toothbrushes are moderately priced and some of them are of good quality. When purchasing, you should roughly select the toothbrush head, first look at it, its size should be moderate, it can rotate flexibly in the mouth; the brush head has 2-3 rows of hair bundles, each row consists of 4-6 bundles, there is a certain distance between the hair bundles, easy to clean and ventilate; the hair should be soft, the tip of each brush should be rounded and blunt, the brush without rounding is not conducive to teeth and dental caries.
In short, the selection should be based on the following principles:
- Soft hair: The hair flexibility of general toothbrushes is three layers: softer, moderate and harder. Choosing a toothbrush for a child must be a soft filament toothbrush, because the child’s teeth and gums are soft and vulnerable.
- Small head: The toothbrush head chosen for the child must be small and be able to move up and down flexibly in the child’s small mouth, so as to brush every tiny position.
- Coarse handle: The child’s small hand is not flexible enough, too thin handle is not easy for the child to grasp.
- Cleaning: After the toothbrush is used up, it must be cleaned promptly and thoroughly. Otherwise, after a period of time, a large number of bacteria will be left on the toothbrush.
- Update: The toothbrush is usually replaced once every 3 months. If the bristles bend or fall off, the toothbrush should be replaced immediately.
Children’s electric toothbrush has the following advantages:
- Fresher, children prefer toothbrushing, will unconsciously extend the time of brushing teeth.
- Electric toothbrushes produce high frequency vibration by rotating at high speed. They can instantly decompose toothpaste into tiny foam, clean the teeth thoroughly, and clean the toothbrushes more effectively.
- Flutter of brush can promote blood circulation of oral cavity and massage gingival tissue.