Dental floss is a kind of toiletries that is used for oral care with a toothbrush. Dental floss can clean up the dirt in the gap between the teeth that the toothbrush can’t clean. Many people will ask: Does dental floss harm the teeth? Will it cause the gap between the teeth to become larger and larger? Today, Roman Smart will answer for everyone and tell you how to use dental floss.
Generally, brushing can only clean the exposed parts of the teeth. For some hidden parts, that is, the part where two teeth are in contact, the bristles of the toothbrush cannot enter well due to the hidden position. Even if we brush our teeth very carefully, these parts cannot be cleaned. Cause these parts to become sanitary “dead spots”. The use of dental floss can effectively remove dirt such as food residues that are stuck in the teeth, keep the adjacent surfaces of the teeth hygienic, and clean the oral cavity.
Brushing can only clean up to 70% of the surface of the tooth, and the remaining 30% must be flossed. Due to the uneven arrangement of the teeth and the improper placement of the braces, it is easy to form a hygienic corner between the teeth. How to brush your teeth carefully It may also be incompletely cleaned, causing oral diseases. However, when flossing your teeth, you can remove the dirt between the teeth very well. However, if the floss is used too much, it will wear out the contact area passing through the adjacent surfaces, so use it reasonably.
We took out a dental floss stick, then put the dental floss into the gap between the teeth, first use the dental floss to gently move it back and forth in the gap between the left teeth, then pull it out, and then put it back into the gap between the teeth , Clean the right side of the gap (each tooth needs to clean the left and right sides twice). If you have a lot of dirt on your teeth, you can replace multiple flosses at a time until all the teeth are cleaned.
When putting the dental floss between the teeth, slide it down slowly to avoid damaging the gums too hard. Dental floss is best to be used once a day after dinner. Excessive use can also damage the teeth. Dental floss is not a substitute for normal brushing and mouthwash. It is still good to brush your teeth every morning and evening. Dental floss is a disposable product, please do not use it again after use. Be sure to buy a regular brand of dental floss stick to prevent the dental floss itself from being harmful to the body.
Good quality dental floss is not only soft and non-irritating, but also reflected in its elasticity. People often say that money is spent on the blade. This is the reason. High-elastic dental floss is very elastic and also very soft, and the toothpick part is not easy to bend. Experts suggest that it is best to use dental floss sticks instead of toothpicks to better protect gum health and avoid gum recession.